Today is the day of the letter C. ’nuff said. Or maybe, ’nuff seen. Whatever that means. We’ve read through P, M and K. Read on.
- Cabbage - noun A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man’s head.
- Calamity - noun A more than commonly plain and unmistakable reminder that the affairs of this life are not of our own ordering. Calamities are of two types: misfortune to ourselves and good fortune to others.
- Capital - noun The seat of misgovernment. That which provides the fire, the pot, the dinner, the table and the knife and fork for the anarchist.
- Censor - noun An officer of certain governments, employed to suppress the works of genius.
- Chemise - noun Don’t know what it means.
- Church - noun A place where the parson worships God and women worship the parson.
- Club - noun An association of men for purposes of drunkenness, gluttony, unholy hilarity, murder, sacrilege and the slandering of mothers, wives and sisters. For this definition I am indebted to several estimable ladies who have the best means of information, their husbands being members of several clubs.
- Comet - noun An excuse for being out late at night and going home drunk in the morning.
- Commerce - noun A kind of transaction in which A plunders from B the goods of C, and for compensation B picks the pocket of D of the money belonging to E.
- Confidant, confidante - noun One entrusted by A with the secrets of B,confided to him by C.
Like what you see here?
You can also follow me on Google+, Twitter and more: