See previously entered letters C, J, K, M &c. here.
- Dad - noun A father whom his vulgar children do not respect.
- Dandy - noun One who professes a singularity of opinion with regard to his own merits, accentuating his eccentricity with his clothes.
- Day - noun A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent.
- Decide - verb To succumb to the preponderance of one set of influences over another set.
- Defame - noun To lie about another. To tell the truth about another.
- Defraud - verb To impart instruction and experience to the confiding.
- Demon - noun A man whose cruelties are related in the newspapers. See Fiend in Human Shape.
- Deny - verb See Hurl back the Allegation.
- Deserve - noun The quality of being entitled to what somebody else obtains.
- Dice - noun Small polka-dotted cubes of ivory, constructed like a lawyer to lie on any side, but commonly on the wrong one.
Like what you see here?
You can also follow me on Google+, Twitter and more: