Eddie Rodriguez, for Cracked.com, wrote an amusing, yet interesting, article titled 5 Unexpected Downsides of Intelligence. It was interesting, but you know how cracked.com articles can be: playfully funny at first look, with some reading between the lines heavily demanded. So I decided to examine the five traits in a more–perhaps the best way to put it would be conservative–manner (not using expletives, that is, for I absolutely detest them!) Continue reading
~ Pour elle.~
This is the third letter we are coming to this month, the letter K. We have already seen P and M before and have no doubt enjoyed them immensely. Today, we shall see what Bierce has to offer us for the letter K.
- Kangaroo – noun An unconventional kind of animal which in shape is farther than any other from being the square of its base.
- Kill – verb To create a vacancy without nominating a successor.
- Kilt – noun A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen in America and Americans in Scotland.
- Kindness – noun A brief preface to ten volumes of exaction.
- King – noun A male person commonly known in America as a ‘crowned head,’ although he never wears a crown and has usually no head to speak of.
- King’s Evil - noun A malady that was once cured by the touch of the sovereign, but has now to be treated by the physicians.
- Kiss – noun A word invented by the poets as a rhyme for ‘bliss.’ It is supposed to signify, in a general way, some kind of rite or ceremony appertaining to a good understanding; but the manner of its performance is unknown to this lexicographer.
- Kleptomaniac – noun A rich thief.
- Koran – noun A book which the Mohammedans foolishly believe to have been written by the divine inspiration, but which Christians know to be a wicked imposture, contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
- Krishna – noun A form under which the pretended god Vishnu became incarnate. A very likely story indeed.